We are seeking a Downstream Chemical Process Engineer with experience in Sulfur Recovery Units (SRU) and Utilities to join the Domestic Refining & NGL Fractionation Technical Support Division (DR&NGLF TSD).
The DR&NGLF TSD is a multi-disciplinary organization with interface to technical, and in some cases business, support requirements of Domestic Refining & NGL Fractionation Admin Area. Its function caters mainly to the technical needs of Admin Area Head, operating facilities management (4 refineries/2 NGL Fractionation plants), and drive the performances of operating facilities in executing corporate programs and initiatives towards operational excellence and value creation.
Your primary role will be to provide process expertise in developing and monitoring performance optimization and value-creation programs for the operation of Sulfur Recovery Units and Utilities.
The successful candidate should have:
- A Bachelor's degree in chemical engineering.
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in refinery or petrochemical operations and engineering, including at least 7 years in Merox, Amine Treating Units, Sulfur Recovery Units (Claus Process) and Utilities.
- Experience with more than one operating facility is strongly desirable, as is experience with more than one process licensor technology.
- A solid background developing and understanding the key performance indicators (KPI) involved in operating the process units concerned in terms of meeting the product specifications, energy efficiency, asset management, economics, etc.
- Knowledge of Solomon indices associated with operation of the process units concerned is an advantage.
- Familiarity and understanding of the best practices, design principles, international engineering standards and specifications relevant to operation of the concerned process units is also preferred.
Duties & responsibilities
As the successful candidate you will be required to perform the following:
- Review operations of SRU and Utilities in the existing facilities to optimize operation by developing key performance indicators (KPIs) that will represent performances in different aspects such as profitability, energy efficiency, reliability, etc.
- Perform gap analysis and benchmarking internally among facilities having SRU process and utilities to capture and effectively share best practices.
- External benchmarking may involve domestic joint-venture facilities or outside oil and gas companies.
Participate in business plan development, coordinate with stakeholders for possible capital investments on assigned process units and support techno-economic evaluations.
- Recommend and coordinate proven technology deployments in Utilities and SRU process units.
- Enhance the competitiveness of current SRU process and utilities asset base by capturing integration opportunities between process units and facilities.
- Collaborate with joint venture companies, Saudi Aramco subsidiaries, and third-party companies to consolidate best practices related to the operation of Utilities and SRU.
- Coordinate implementation of suitable best practices to facilities.
How to apply
If you believe you meet the requirements for this role, please contact us with your CV and state AAS - “Job Title” in the subject.