We are seeking a Piping and Valves Engineer to work with Saudi Aramco Global Manufacturing Excellence experience in Piping & Valves Engineering and Inspection to join the Global Manufacturing Support Department (GMSD).
The GMSD is a multi-disciplinary organization with interface to technical, and in some cases business, support requirements of Domestic Refining & NGL Fractionation Admin Area and Saudi Aramco Affiliates. Its function caters mainly to the technical needs of Global Manufacturing, operating facilities management, and drive the performances of operating facilities in executing corporate programs and initiatives towards operational excellence and value creation.
The primary role is to provide technical support to operating facilities, projects, technology deployment, and talent development of new Piping and Valves Engineers. You will conduct special studies and analyses in a specialized asset integrity field for a Piping and Valves such as necessary mechanical calculations for piping, valves, hydrotest pressure, rating and/or de-rating, fitness for service to evaluate flaws or damage, pipe stress analysis, flange calculations, perform nozzle calculations.
The successful candidate should have:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum fifteen (15) years in the refinery and/or NGLF industry specifically in asset integrity of piping and valves, with at least 10 years field experience working on plants major turnaround and field troubleshooting.
- Must be fluent in English (both spoken and written).
- Must have a thorough knowledge of best engineering practices, solid industry codes and standards background (ASME, API, NACE, ASTM, ISO) and use of engineering software.
Duties & responsibilities
You will be required to perform the following:
- Perform field troubleshooting in a daily basis or as requested.
- Participate on major T&Is and emergency plant shutdowns (It includes all mechanical assessments mentioned below).
- Provide support to maintenance support organizations like Machine Shop or Welding Shop by developing repair procedures or just simply follow up on-going repairs. Provide proposals for repairs or avail any idea that can come up from the execution team from the technical stand point
- Participate in facilities audits activities or while performing insurance items.
- Provide engineering support to repair hydrocarbon leaks, review and approve the bolted clamp calculations and design made by the specialized leak sealing contractors companies to maintenance prior to field installation.
- Review detailed drawings and material specification from Layout Group for piping modifications as requested.
- Participate in HAZOP Studies review.
- Perform piping mechanical calculations like minimum wall thickness for internal and external pressure, branch reinforcement calculations, MAWP calculations as per ASME B31.3, hydrotest pressure, rating and/or de-rating of piping circuits by following API 570, fitness for service to evaluate flaws or damage and determine if the piece of pipe is suitable for continuous operation by using API 579, perform pipe stress analysis using Caesar II, perform flange calculations as per ASME VIII Div 1 App 2 using PVElite, perform nozzle calculations using WRC-107 and WRC-297 modeling the analysis in Caesar II or PVElite.
- Mechanical calculations and technical assessment of all the miscellaneous mechanical items like for example: Expansion Joints, steam Traps, special valves, strainers, quill injector vortex shedding calculations.
- Perform Hot Taps calculations by using Aramco standard SAEP-311 and API 2201.
- Troubleshoot and assess valve selection, perform mechanical calculations for check valves, perform torque calculations for valve stems, etc.
- Calculate and select spring hangers, provide maintenance with repair procedures.
- Select gaskets type and materials, provide correct specification and applicability to critical services.
- As requested, perform mechanical and hydraulic assessment to equipment skids like for example Pumps Flushing Oil System (Piping, Exchangers, filters, oil container, etc.)
- Perform mechanical assessment for firefighting equipment and systems, perform basic hydraulic calculations for deluge systems, sprinklers, fire monitors, get the concurrence from chief fire prevention engineer is required.
- Perform basic structural calculations for temporary supports and any other structure minor modification as requested.
- Evaluate and recommend metallurgical changes along with Corrosion and Inspection specialistAlong with the repair procedures, develop basic welding procedures for repair of mechanical components and have the concurrence from CSD welding specialist.
- Develop EWRs by preparing detailed design packages including scope of work, assembly/erection procedures, welding procedures, NDT requirements, material list and sketches/drawings.
- Prepare recommendations to maintenance to include a mechanical component in RTR PM program on SAP.
- Review and approve from the technical standpoint all quotations received as requested by maintenance when deemed necessary (Example: valves, pipe and fittings of special materials, etc.
- Perform mechanical reviews and provide comments to P&IDs, piping plans, equipment SIS, Piping and material specification, support specification, hydrotest procedures, specialty items specification if any, isometrics drawings, pipe stress analysis if any, etc.
- Actively involved in the following initiatives:
- Risk Elimination and follow up to complete the items lists with the required recommendation.
- Facilities audits and HAZOP studies review.
- Major BIs and EWO review.
- Develop Asset Integrity programs such AIMS and APM.
How to apply
If you believe you meet the requirements for this role, please contact us with your CV and state "AAS - [Job Title]" in the subject line.