We are seeking and experienced Turnaround and Inspection (T&I) Engineer to join with Saudi Aramco Global Manufacturing Excellence’s Projects and T&I Shared Services Department (P&TSSD).
The primary roles of the position include coordinating and directing different units within Aramco to ensure full compliance with all T&I requirements. The candidate will be accountable and fully responsible in meeting T&I gated processes deliverables and activities, and shall demonstrate an overall knowledge of T&I planning and execution management.
The successful candidate should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering, preferably in mechanical/industrial engineering.
- A minimum of 10 years’ in the turnaround events in the oil & gas downstream sector (petrochemical or refinery) onshore/offshore area.
- Preferred experience in contract strategy, creation and administration.
- Experience in T&I planning software such as ROSER and Primavera P6.
- A high level of fluency in oral and written English is essential.
Duties & responsibilities
A successful candidate is expected to be able to perform the following:
- Prepare the budget for the yearly operating plan, and develop the Mid-Year and Year-End Accountability reports.
- Collect all T&I input recommendations; work lists; and projects from the OME team and assemble them together in an organized scope of work.
- Ensure internal orders, notifications and work orders (PM-03) are initiated as per the SAP workflow requirements pertaining to the T&I work. In addition to the creation of project IDs.
- Ensure preparation of detailed T&I schedules in the Critical Path Diagrams form and simple bar charts or with electronic scheduling software, such as Primavera, Microsoft Project, etc.
- Ensure shutdown and startup details activities are incorporated in the Primavera schedule, including the systems and equipment release schedule.
- Determine the required manpower using the computerized program and the manpower leveling from the available electronic software planning program.
- Coordinate for the timely completion of pre-shutdown work, such as the prefabrication of new piping sections, or the re-tubing of heat exchangers, etc.
- This includes all work order types that will be included in the shutdown scope of work.
- Ensure contractor awareness of the T&I final schedule.
- Arrange for special tool certifications, such as for air winches, cutting machines, overhead cranes and baskets.
- Prepare lists of all expense project package and ensure all required expense projects are developed and approved.
- Lead contract procurement related to all expense projects.
- Ensure the planned scope meets the EIS schedule.
- Ensure all scopes from all parties are consolidated in one T&I scope.
- Optimize the T&I schedule duration and cost.
- Follow-up on material and contracts procurement.
- Coordinate all the needed logistics, including those with external organizations.
- Ensure the development of T&I packages.
- Report planning progress to management.
- Ensure the T&I within the defined boundaries of cost, schedule and quality.
- Consult with senior management for approving or rejecting scope changes by advising them on the impact of these changes on the T&I schedule and cost.
- Develop T&I execution plans.
- Prepare planning status updates.
- Develop the “daily progress report” for senior management during execution.
- Provide general coordination to all concerned parties to ensure that required information is available.
- Facilitate scope of work meetings and scope of work challenges.
- Verify contractors’ qualifications and certifications.
- Verify the quality and quantity of contractor and SA manpower.
- Ensure all contractors have attended a safety orientation.
- Review detailed T&I schedules and submit them to the T&I director.
- Arrange kickoff and safety meetings.
- Prepare and issue comprehensive post-T&I reports.
- Monitor accounting budgets vs. actuals for work requests, materials orders, etc.
- Make sure critique meetings are held to identify areas of concern and areas for improvement.
- Prepare discrepancy requests.
How to apply
If you believe you meet the requirements for this role, please contact us with your CV and state "AAS - [Job Title]" in the subject line.