We are seeking a Process Control Engineer with 10+ years of work experience in the Refining or Petrochemical industry to join Saudi Aramco’s Global Manufacturing Support Department.
The Process Control Engineer will be responsible for designing, developing, installing, managing, and maintaining equipment used to monitor and control engineering systems, machinery, and processes, preferable with Honeywell and Yokogawa control system knowledge.
The successful candidate should have:
- Bachelor's degree in Control Systems, Computer Engineering, Electronics Engineering, or its equivalent.
- Operational experience in any oil and gas plants.
- Proficient in the codes and standards in the oil and gas industry, i.e., API, BS, ISO, ASME, ANSI, IEC, ISA, IEEE, etc.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills in the field of control systems and field instrumentation.
- Familiarity with field instrument types and applications.
- Working knowledge of oil/gas-related plant processes.
- Good command of oral and written English.
Duties & responsibilities
A successful candidate is expected to perform the following:
- Provide technical guidance, support, training, and expertise to plant departments.
- Lead the development of new control strategies and validating the feasibility to improve productivity for the company.
- Assess plant operation, automation, and instrumentation to provide recommended actions for improvements and system optimization.
- Monitoring maintenance of Process Control Code and executing application program loads.
- Develop and maintain lifecycle management activities on the control systems and instrumentation.
- Establish auditing guidelines and perform frequent audits to control systems and instruments.
- Ensure manufacturing knowledge is captured and continuous improvement is delivered by benchmarking and improving practices across operating facilities.
- Provide leadership and support for Process Control, Instrumentation, and Automation Technologies at operating facilities.
- Providing engineering expertise and consulting on plant DCS, ESD, Instrumentation and Control, and Process Automation technologies.
- Provide leadership in executing process control and information systems projects that require cross coordination between downstream facilities.
- Provide subject matter expertise to operating facilities Operations, Maintenance and Engineering teams by consulting, provide awareness sessions, and participating and leading technical exchanges and conferences.
- Maintain and execute installation, configuration, and upgrade procedures.
- Lead/give support to plant outages, shutdowns, and chronicle problems.
- Design Concept, engineering/Specification, integration, installation, and Maintenance.
- System testing and health monitoring, experience in using system logs for troubleshooting.
- Create and implement new strategies to improve productivity for the company, as well as support start-up activities.
How to apply
If you believe you meet the requirements for this role, please contact us with your CV and state AAS - “Job Title” in the subject.