We are seeking a civil engineer to work with Saudi Aramco Global Manufacturing Excellence experience in corrosion and inspection to join the Global Manufacturing Support Department (GMSD).
The GMSD is a multidisciplinary organization with interface to technical, and in some cases business, support requirements for Global Manufacturing Admin Area and Saudi Aramco Affiliates. GMSD's function caters mainly to the technical needs of Global Manufacturing and operating facilities management, and drives the performance of operating facilities in executing corporate programs and initiatives towards operational excellence and value creation.
The civil engineer's primary role is to provide civil/structural engineering support to Saudi Aramco Global Manufacturing affiliates. The engineer prepares structural design calculations for steel structures and reinforced concrete foundations for in-plant buildings and equipment support, such as pressure vessels, heat exchangers, furnaces, tanks, air coolers, pumps, piping, and electrical cables in all refinery facilities. Duties also include developing design packages and technical studies, providing consultation and review service on all capital projects, and performing design evaluations related to general civil, geotechnical and structural engineering fields.
The successful candidate should have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering.
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in the Oil/Gas Industry as a civil engineer.
- Knowledge of the international standards and codes AISC, ACI and API (especially API-936).
Duties & responsibilities
You will be required to perform the following:
- Perform field troubleshooting as requested.
- Provide support to major T&Is and emergency plant shutdowns.
- Provide support to maintenance support organizations by developing repair procedures or just simply follow up on-going repairs.
- Provide proposals for repairs or avail any idea that can come up from the execution team from a technical stand point.
- Provide engineering support to repair deteriorated concrete foundations and corroded steel structures.
- Review detailed drawings and material specifications from the Layout Group for steel structure modifications as requested by maintenance.
- Participate in HAZOP reviews.
- Perform structural calculations in accordance with AISC and company standards, to determine if an existing steel structure can safely support increases in load, and provide recommendations to strengthen the structure when required.
- Perform calculations in accordance with ACI and company standards, to determine if an existing foundation can continue to safely support a load based on concrete in a deteriorated condition, and provide recommendations to repair the foundation when required.
- Technical assessment of all the miscellaneous items, example: roof waterproofing membranes, joint sealants, anchor bolts, structural bolts, coatings, etc.
- Perform structural calculations to determine where temporary supports are required during construction and any other structural modification as requested.
- Provide detailed repair procedures to close out Inspection Work Sheets.
- Develop in-house detailed design packages to modify facilities, such as buildings (offices, PIB, control rooms, substations, etc.), equipment supports structures and foundations. Typically, a field survey is conducted to gather data and formulate a safe, constructible, and economically viable solution for the project. A typical package includes: the scope of work, steel framing layout, connection details, foundation size and reinforcing steel arrangement, material takeoff, and sequence of construction.
- Review and approve from a technical standpoint all quotations received, as requested by maintenance when deemed necessary.
- Perform civil/structural reviews and provide comments to foundation layout, equipment support schemes, buildings, steel and concrete material specification, specialty items specification, structural calculation, constructability, etc.
- Evaluate safety suggestions and provide technical review comments along with recommendations.
- Perform technical evaluation and feasibility assessment of employees' suggestions.
- Mentor and transfer technical knowledge and skills to young Saudi engineers.
- Risk elimination.
- Safety walkthroughs.
- MOC reviews.
- Major BIs and EWO reviews.
How to apply
If you believe you meet the requirements for this role, please contact us with your CV and state "AAS - [Job Title]" in the subject line.