Aramco is seeking a downstream process engineer with an experience in Olefins processes (steam cracking, hydrogenation, purification, extraction, etc.) to join the Global Manufacturing Excellence organization under the Downstream Global Manufacturing to support and oversee the performances of Saudi Aramco global manufacturing assets.
The primary role is to provide process engineering and operations expertise to monitor, optimize, and drive performance improvement programs for Olefins processes, including remote and field technical advisory support, benchmarking, and Olefins technology knowledge management and exchange. Drive the performance improvement programs, which enhance process safety, optimize manufacturing cost, and increase plant reliability.
The successful candidate should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or a related specialization. An advanced degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of total refinery or petrochemical process units experience (process engineering and operations) with at least 5 years of experience in handling Olefins plants.
- Exposure to different licensor technologies is a plus (i.e., UOP, Axens, etc.).
Duties & responsibilities
You are expected to be able to perform the following:
- Review and monitor the performances of existing Olefins facilities through key performance indicators (KPIs) representing the process plant’s optimum operability, profitability, reliability, and process safety. Issue quarterly Olefins performance benchmarking reports highlighting the KPIs, analysis, and performance improvement recommendations.
- Monitor and support the facilities in implementing the recommendations and closing the gaps identified in the quarterly performance benchmarking reports.
- Conduct benchmarking and best practices exchange workshops internally among Global Manufacturing facilities (wholly owned and affiliates) having Olefins process technologies.
- Provide on-demand remote and/or field technical advisory support to Global Manufacturing facilities on matters concerning the operation of Olefins plants, which may include: process troubleshooting, start-up and shutdown activities, capacity test runs, technology pilot testing, and process design. Issue service report for every support activity provided highlighting the facilities need, actions taken, results, and lessons learned.
- In collaboration with Global Manufacturing facilities engineers, propose cost optimization or process improvement initiatives focusing on “low-hanging fruits” with no or minimal capital investment required, through operational adjustment or design modification.
- Conduct internal assessments on Olefins process engineering standards using Saudi Aramco engineering standard references. Highlight any deviations or better standards applied by affiliates for endorsement to facility management or Saudi Aramco Central Engineering.
- Act as the overall coordinator for cascading and driving Global Manufacturing and Corporate programs to the Olefins operating facilities for execution and effective monitoring.
- Participate in Business Plan development and coordinate with stakeholders for any capital investments on assigned process units and support techno-economic evaluations.
- Keep aware on Olefins technology developments in the industry and endorse the evaluation and approval to Central Engineering to facilitate field deployment.
- Support arrangement and facilitation of technical knowledge exchange workshops with Olefins process technology licensors and Global Manufacturing facilities.
- Provide in-house technical trainings to Global Manufacturing facilities when needed.
- Participate in Olefins hazard operability (HAZOP) and safety integrity level (SIL) studies as required by operating facilities.
- Participate in incident investigation activities concerning Olefins process technologies as required by operating facilities.
How to apply
If you believe you meet the requirements for this role, please contact us with your CV and state AAS - “Job Title” in the subject.