We are seeking a Downstream Chemical Engineer, with experience in Energy Management & Solomon benchmarking methodologies and performance analysis, to join the Global Manufacturing Excellence organization under Downstream Global Manufacturing
Global Manufacturing Excellence is responsible to support and oversee the performance of Saudi Aramco global manufacturing assets.
Your primary role will be to provide technical expertise in conducting benchmarking and analyzing the performance of Global Manufacturing assets, using Solomon performance metrics with specialized skills in energy management. You will also be expected to provide support in closing the performance gaps identified in the benchmarking process.
The successful candidate should have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering or a related specialization. An advanced degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 15 years of total refinery and/or chemical process units experience, with at least five years of specialized experience in Solomon benchmarking and analysis of associated metrics, especially in energy efficiency.
- Working knowledge of refinery and chemical industry process plant characteristics.
- The ability to facilitate technical discussions and use influence to align various stakeholders is required.
- Be proficient in data analysis and data visualization tools.
Duties & responsibilities
As the successful candidate you will expected to be able to perform the following:
- Coordinate and support the administration of Solomon benchmarking studies and relevant requirements for Global Manufacturing facilities.
- Facilitate data collection, verification and data quality review during Solomon benchmarking of Global Manufacturing Affiliates' facilities.
- Review and ascertain the competitive positions of Global Manufacturing facilities in the industry, based on the Solomon benchmarking results.
- Document the findings and recommendations of the studies for presentation to Global Manufacturing management and affiliates.
- Lead the planning, development, and execution of solutions to bridge the performance gaps identified.
- Formulate expense/margin optimization plans to maximize financial performance of Global Manufacturing Affiliates' facilities.
- Coordinate with affiliates' facilities to establish performance targets and measure progress using Solomon metrics.
- Assess future impact of planned capital improvements and modifications.
- Develop regular performance benchmarking reports capturing the Solomon metrics for all Global Manufacturing affiliates' facilities.
How to apply
If you believe you meet the requirements for this role, please contact us with your CV and state AAS - “Job Title” in the subject.