We are seeking a Mechatronics Engineer to join the Building Maintenance Division (BMD) of the Utilities & Facilities Department.
The BMD is responsible for providing 24/7 Building Trades and Utilities Maintenance services to Core Area, Corporate Data Center, Industrial and Remote Area facilities, elevators and associated lifting equipment within Saudi Aramco buildings and facilities across the Eastern Province.
The Mechatronics Engineer’s primary role is to oversee service mechanics/technicians and repair teams during the installation and maintenance of elevators and other lifting equipment for the 32 proponents under the division’s scope of maintenance. Over 200 pieces of equipment are maintained by the division.
A successful candidate should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechatronic Engineering from a recognized and approved program. An advanced degree is preferred.
- Seven years of experience in elevator maintenance, including at least five years of experience as a supervisor.
- Familiar with elevator ASME A17.1 standards and other lifting equipment ASME standards.
- Experience in operating and maintaining different types of elevators (hydraulic, electrical traction, etc.).
- Experienced in elevator electrical and mechanical components and their importance in elevator functioning.
- Ability to procure and maintain spare parts so no equipment is out of service due to lack of supplies.
- Ability to stay up-to-date with the latest elevators and lifting equipment technology.
- Experience of pre-commissioning and commissioning of elevators.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership skills to manage contractors under your supervision.
- A valid driving license.
- An excellent command of written and spoken English.
Duties & responsibilities
You will be required to perform the following:
- Direct and supervise a unit consisting of multiple teams of craftsman engaged in routine maintenance, repair, renovation, alteration, installation and minor new construction work on a daily basis, and during emergencies and after working hours.
- Occasionally update management with a brief on special projects or areas of interest or operational concerns.
- Communicate regularly with the division head to discuss resource requirements and operational concerns.
- Communication daily with unit craftsmen to monitor work progress, issues and concerns.
- Perform all managerial functions such as accountability reports, personnel actions, training and development of staff members.
- Supervise and provide technical instructions to unit manpower.
- Ensure satisfactory completion of work in accordance to the scope of work, proponent requirements and Aramco standards, in a cost-effective manner.
- Enforce all company construction and safety standards at the worksite and ensure all workers are properly trained to perform assigned tasks.
- Inspect work quality control in accordance with scope of work, proponent requirements and company safety standards.
- On a daily basis review daily all time cards, material logs, equipment and other requisitions for accuracy.
- Assist Maintenance Engineers in improving work methods, material selection, repair solutions and preventive maintenance programs.
How to apply
If you believe you meet the requirements for this role, please contact us with your CV and state AAS - “Job Title” in the subject.