We are seeking for an Artificial Lift Engineer to work with the Production Engineering Technical Support Divison under the Northern Area Production Engineering & Well Services Department.
The position is assigned under the Artificial Lift Unit that provides technical support for artificial lift technologies in Saudi Aramco Northern Area Oil Operations, including but not limited to ESPs and Gas Lift.
The successful candidate should have
- A Bachelor's degree in Petroleum Engineering. Related MSc or PhD is desirable, but not required. Intensive industry training including appropriate specialized courses and seminars is expected.
- Minimum of 10 years of artificial lift experience including design, installation, commissioning, troubleshooting, and failure analysis of ESP systems (downhole and surface).
- Extensive knowledge on the operation and maintenance of ESP surface equipment such as VSDs and transformers. Past offshore experience is desirable.
- Ability to propose new Artificial Lift solutions and technologies.
- Ability and flexibility to regularly go to the field for ESP troubleshooting and commissioning, and visit rigs to supervise ESP installations.
Duties & responsibilities
You are expected to be able to perform the following:
- Design downhole ESPs, surface equipment, and well completion. Determine the equipment sizing that is suitable for well conditions and operational requirements.
- Determine the adequate ESP and completion metallurgies that are fit for the wellbore environment.
- Deploy best-in-class ESP design and operational practices to prolong ESP run life.
- Provide field and technical support to ESP troubleshooting activities.
- Regularly evaluate ESP performance and recommend improvements as necessary.
- Audit and witness ESP assembly, installation, and field operations to ensure compliance and identify any deficiencies.
- Lead or participate in technical investigations related to ESP operations and failures.
- Work closely with the field teams and organizations to plan, maintain, troubleshoot, and monitor ESP activities to ensure optimum well productivity and uptime.
- Evaluate, design, deploy, and assess new artificial lift technologies.
How to apply
If you believe you meet the requirements for this role, please contact us with your CV and state AAS - “Job Title” in the subject.