We are seeking an experienced Cost Engineer to join our Project Management team (PMT). Saudi Aramco Project Management Teams are directly responsible and accountable for the delivery of best in class capital projects assigned to department.
PMT is directly involved in executing and managing assigned projects safely, on schedule, within budget and to the highest standards of integrity and compliance. This will involve engineering design, procurement and construction of various sizes, types and complexity of small, medium to multi-billion dollar mega size projects. Some of these mega projects include the Marjan Increment Program, the Crude Oil to Chemicals program, the Gas Compression Program, the Berri & Zuluf Increment and AMIRAL Program.
Project Management Departments manages and executes projects usually from multiple site offices or engineering contractor design offices, geographically scattered throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
The successful candidate should have:
- Fifteen years cost engineering experience in oil and gas, petrochemical, refinery projects or facilities.
- At least ten years in managing project budgets, cost tracking, forecasting; and financial reporting.
- Broad, multi-discipline knowledge and experience of cost engineering for Oil and Gas projects.
- A certification from Professional Organization is highly recommended.
Duties & responsibilities
You will be required to perform the following:
- Cost analysis, cost controls and reporting activities for Capital and non-Capital projects.
- Provide input and recommendations for cost engineering requirements relative to staffing, project controls, and preparing and analyzing comparisons of scope, quantities and cost data between the project forecasts and the budgets.
- Organize, monitor and control project costs and will define project needs for cost control in accordance with contractual requirements, objectives, and Company procedures.
- Ensure that all project commitments are accurately reported and will maintain updated final project forecasts and expenditure forecasts.
- Proactively advise management when forecasted costs exceed the approved budget.
- Use statistical tools to analyze costs metrics and perform risk analysis.
- Analyze contractors' cost reports and extract required data for management reporting.
- Prepare and report cost engineering information on a monthly basis and additional ad-hoc reports as required by Management.
- Provides all cost engineering expertise and coordinates activities as group/unit leader as required in preparation of cost portion of the engineering, procurement and construction contracts.
- Collects, monitors, analyzes and reports all cost information through the Project Manager.
- Review and analyze all claims and Change Orders on project contracts.
- Participate in the negotiation of project contracts as required.
- Initiates appropriate action when total forecast indicates allocated funds will be exceeded.
How to apply
If you believe you meet the requirements for this role, please contact us with your CV and state AAS - “Job Title” in the subject.