We are seeking a Safety Engineer to join the Loss Prevention Department (LPD) at Saudi Aramco.
Saudi Aramco is a fully integrated, global, petroleum enterprise, and a world leader in exploration and production, refining, distribution and petrochemicals.
LPD provides safety services to customers and stakeholders, including corporate and executive management, Saudi Aramco operating, support and project organizations, employees, the Saudi Arabian government, contractors, and members of the public. LPD has nine divisions – seven field divisions and two centralized technical support divisions. Field offices are located in Abqaiq, Riyadh, Ras Tanura, Dhahran, 'Udhailiyah, Jiddah (including Yanbu' and Jazan), and Tanajib.
The Safety Engineer's primary role is to work with operating organizations in these areas to provide daily field safety support to ensure safety is properly managed in all operational activities, such as exploration, drilling, production, refining, distribution and pipelines, project design and construction, transportation, and other related activities.
The successful candidate should have:
- A bachelor of science degree in any engineering discipline.
- Must have a minimum of 7 years of experience in the hydrocarbon, petrochemicals, or related industries, including safety. The experience should include areas such as: operations and maintenance, plant engineering, safety program development, and process safety.
- Several years of experience in the hydrocarbon, petrochemicals, or related industries, including safety. The experience should include the following areas: operations and maintenance, plant engineering, safety program development, and process safety.
- Excellent ability to communicate in technical English with peers as well as members of management, and be able to produce clear and concise oral and written reports in English.
- Knowledge of modern safety management systems, processes, and techniques applicable to the oil and gas industry; as well as International industry fire and safety codes, recommended practices, standards and specifications.
Duties & responsibilities
You should be able to perform the following:
- Provide ongoing support to proponent organizations to assist them in implementing the Saudi Aramco Safety Management System and in meeting safety objectives and expectations. This includes assisting proponent organizations in developing safety processes related to risk assessment and management, safety training, asset integrity, safe operations, contractor safety, emergency preparedness, incident investigations, etc.
- Conduct field inspections of onshore and offshore oil/gas facilities, project construction sites, drilling rigs, and support facilities such office buildings, warehouses, and communities. This includes working with proponent organizations to identify safety concerns, formulate solutions, and develop practical and cost-effective corrective actions.
- Participate in various safety studies/activities, such as: PHAs, HAZOPs, JSAs, incident investigations, compliance reviews, or insurance surveys.
- Participate in or lead risk studies or conduct consequence analyses, e.g., toxic gas dispersion modeling.
- Develop and update safety standards, instructions, codes, and formalize them into company documented practices as required.
- Review designs for new projects and upgrade of existing facilities for compliance with company and industry safety standards.
- Respond to emergency situations and incidents either during or after regular working hours, to provide technical assistance and advice.
- Participate in developing and promoting on- or off-job safety educational programs to address safety issues or concerns. Assigned tasks may include: preparation of articles for publication, development of promotional materials, and delivery of presentations.
- Act as a mentor to other safety engineers.
How to apply
If you believe you meet the requirements for this role, please contact us with your CV and state "AAS - [Job Title]" in the subject line.