We are seeking Fire Service Trainers to serve in a senior training position within Saudi Aramco’s Fire Protection Department (FrPD) developing and delivering training. Saudi Aramco’s Fire Protection Department operates a ProBoard/IFSAC Accredited certification system in-house.
The Fire Service Trainer is assigned to a major fire station OR one of two dedicated fire training centers, where they play a key role in ensuring the workforce is prepared to deliver world class emergency response services.
The Fire Service Trainer works closely with fire operations and other stakeholders to enhance preparedness of the company’s emergency response teams through a combination of classroom instruction, on-the-job training and live fire, rescue and hazardous materials training exercises. The incumbent delivers training and supports drills throughout Saudi Aramco’s area of operations.
As the successful candidate you should have exceptional knowledge of fire ground operations in municipal and industrial settings.
The ideal candidate will have ten (10) years of experience in a fire department serving municipal, petrochemical, refinery, gas processing, airport, marine port, structural, commercial, industrial and residential occupancies, including seven (7) years of experience in delivering fire training programs.
Preference may be given to candidates who possess a Bachelor of Science (BS), or Associate degree in fire science or a closely related field.
Certification as Fire Service Instructor I is required within 3 months of employment AND certification as Fire Service Instructor II is required within 6 months of employment through the department’s ProBoard and/or IFSAC certification programs.
Consideration will be given to candidates who are Certified Fire Protections Specialist (CFPS) or hold certifications in NFPA professional qualifications standards 472, 1081, 1001, 1002, 1003, 1006, 1021, 1031, or 1041.
Must successfully complete all medical requirements for the position.
Must qualify for a Saudi Arabia Resident Visa and Driver’s License.
Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) Highly developed verbal and written interpersonal and communication skills.
Participation on standards committees, advisory boards or organizations related to firefighting and fire training.
Development of training programs or administration of training programs is beneficial.
Experience in developing and leading training programs and implementing training plans is a plus.
Familiarity with related standards: OSHA, NFPA, etc.
Familiarity with oil and gas, chemical, or petrochemical processing operations is highly desired.
Duties & responsibilities
You will be required to perform the following:
- Deliver on-the-job training, classroom lectures, demonstrations, and guided learning in emergency response subjects.
- Track record of leading/running & adapting fire training programs, and deploying these programs to a tangible, positive effect.
- Design drills and exercises to evaluate individual and team performance in operational aspects of firefighting, hazardous materials, rescue, and fire ground command.
- Analyze emergency response capabilities of assigned units and identifies training needs.
- Provide individual and team instruction and/or coaching at the skill, task, tactical and strategic level to improve performance.
- Develop on-the-job training programs to address performance gaps.
- Respond to emergencies in capacities as assigned by Fire Chief.
- Serve as a mentor to junior officers.
- Maintain high level of awareness in safety, health and environmental factors related to live fire, hazmat, and rescue training exercises.
- Lead and direct multiple teams in interior and exterior live fire training exercises using large scale, multi-level simulators including class “A” and “B” fuels.
- Lead training exercises in hazardous materials; high angle, machinery, vehicle, and confined space rescue; USAR and trench stabilization/rescue exercises.
- Generate reports related to job assignments.
- Deliver presentations on safety, health, environment and related subjects in department or unit meetings.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
How to apply
If you believe you meet the requirements for this role, please contact us with your CV and state AAS - “Job Title” in the subject.