We are seeking a Loss Prevention Engineer to join the Loss Prevention Department at Saudi Aramco within one of our areas (Abqaiq, Jazan, Jiddah, Riyadh, Tanajib, ‘Udhailiyah or Yanbu’).
Saudi Aramco is a fully integrated, global, petroleum enterprise, and a world leader in exploration and production, refining, distribution and petrochemicals. One of its important areas of operation is the Loss Prevention Department. The primary function of a Loss Prevention Engineer is to work with operating organizations, to provide daily field support, to ensure safety is properly managed in all operational activities.
As the successful candidate you should have:
- A Bachelor degree in one of the following: Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, or a related engineering discipline.
- 7 years of experience in the hydrocarbon, petrochemicals, or related industries, including a strong background in safety proven results. The experience should include areas such as: operations maintenance, plant engineering, safety program development, and processing safety.
- Excellent ability to communicate in technical English with peers as well as members of management, and be able to produce clear and concise oral and written reports in English.
- Knowledge of modern safety management systems, processes, and techniques applicable to the oil and gas industry; as well as international industry fire and safety codes, recommended practices, and standards and specifications.
- Willingness to work within an area office located outside the core of Dhahran (as described above).
Duties & responsibilities
You will be required to perform the following:
- Act as single point of contact for assigned proponent organizations.
- Provide ongoing support to proponent organizations to assist them in implementing the Saudi Aramco Safety Management System, and in meeting safety objectives and expectations. This includes assisting proponent organizations in developing safety processes related to risk assessment and management, safety training, asset integrity, safe operations, contractor safety, emergency preparedness, incident investigations, etc.
- Conduct field inspections of onshore and offshore oil/gas facilities, project construction sites, drilling rigs, and support facilities, such office buildings, warehouses, and communities. This includes working with proponent organizations to identify safety concerns, formulate solutions, and develop practical and cost-effective corrective actions.
- Participate in various safety studies/activities, such as: PHAs, HAZOPs, JSAs, incident investigations, compliance reviews, or insurance surveys.
- Participate in or lead risk studies or conduct consequence analyses, e.g., toxic gas dispersion modeling.
- Develop and update safety standards, instructions, codes, and formalize them into company documented practices as required.
- Review designs for new projects, and upgrade of existing facilities for compliance with company and industry safety standards.
- Respond to emergency situations and incidents, either during or after regular working hours, to provide technical assistance and advice.
- Participate in developing and promoting on- or off-job safety educational programs, to address safety issues or concerns. Assigned tasks may include: preparation of articles for publication, development of promotional materials, and delivery of presentations.
- Act as a mentor to other Loss Prevention engineers.
- Participate in contractor prequalification evaluation activities.
- Review proponent and contractor safety submittals for compliance to corporate requirements.
- Deliver Loss Prevention specific training to proponents and contractors as directed.
How to apply
If you believe you meet the requirements for this role, please contact us with your CV and state "AAS - [Job Title]" in the subject line.