Saudi Aramco is seeking a Process Engineer to join our Unconventional Resources Operations Department (UROD). The UROD is responsible for operating all the surface facilities, which include the field wells and processing facilities.
You primary role will be to operate the well manifolds, provide field services, maintain the facility, and reduce the equipment down time, perform the PM activities, and provide maintenance services, in addition to providing all the technical engineering and inspection activities. You will lead the process design review, follow the construction, and lead the commissioning and testing activities for the new shale gas facilities.
As the successful candidate you will hold a Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering, MS is preferred.
A Professional Engineer (P.E.) or Chartered Engineer (C.Eng.) license or registration will be desirable but is not essential.
You will have a minimum of 12 years’ experience with a strong preference for 15 years’ plus experience in the industrial operation facility, a shale gas facility is preferred. You should also have a good knowledge of the modular skids mounted process unit.
You will be able to demonstrate a detailed knowledge of industry standards and procedures, such as API and ASMI codes, required to support the review of company standards, project reviews, and implementation of plant modifications to process systems.
You should also have experience with creating/modifying PFDs, and P&IDs, troubleshooting process equipment and system failures, including pumps, compressors, pipe line/piping, and dehydration systems.
Knowledge of HYSIS and other process simulation software is required.
You should have experience in creating schematics and piping diagrams.
You must be able to conduct failure analysis, and provide recommendations for failed process systems, and sequence of event reporting.
You will have experience with process equipment and systems field installation, commissioning, and testing, as well as experience in specifying piping and equipment layout.
You will have good experience in dealing with corrosion related issues.
You will have a thorough understanding of plant operations, process technologies, supply and product logistics, business drivers, cost drivers, and feedstock sensitivities. In addition, a detailed understanding of product properties, customer applications and requirements.
You must also demonstrate the ability to work with multidisciplinary teams producing reports, studies, and presentations that are pivotal in shaping management’s decisions.
You should have proven ability to communicate effectively with management at all levels within the organization, and be capable of spotting and reconciling conflicting views and interests among different parts of the organization.
You should possess strong written and oral communication skills, and be able to communicate what are frequently complex technical, economic, and commercial concepts in a clear and succinct manner, to individuals and groups from diverse professional backgrounds.
You will be a hands-on person who will immediately command the professional respect of others who possess long-time practical experience of working in or serving the industry.
Be a person whom others, at all levels, will seek out for advice and counsel, and be able to work effectively with minimal supervision on relatively unstructured tasks.
Duties & responsibilities
You will be required to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Provide day-to-day technical support to the Operation and Maintenance areas, to troubleshoot and fix process equipment.
- Develop the engineering designs packages for the new installation and upgrade projects.
- Review project proposals and detailed design packages for new facilities.
- Participate in the testing and commissioning of the new facilities, and turnaround and inspection (T&I).
- Update and maintain engineering documentation and drawings.
- Analyze system performance and find solutions for energy savings.
- Ensure quality, cost-effective, and timely solutions to any upgrade.
- Test and pilot new technologies.
- Ensure full HSE Compliance.
- Report and analyze key performance indices.
- Make recommendations for technical/economic optimization of existing facilities.
- Lead feasibility/profitability studies for new facilities.
- Contribute to the business unit strategy.
- Assist in the training, development, and mentoring of younger staff.
- Provide analysis, evaluation, and interpretation in support of projects, processes, and financing related to Saudi Aramco capital investment decisions.
- Maintain and expand on contacts within the industry.
- Regularly interact with other professionals in various company organizations involved in capital planning and economic analysis.