We are seeking a gas production engineer to join our Unconventional Production Engineering Division (UPED) of the Well Completion Operations & Production Engineering Department.
The UPED is responsible for providing technical support for all of unconventional rig-less activities, production optimization, and well integrity analysis for all unconventional wells in Saudi Arabia.
Your primary role is to be a key technical contributor to multidisciplinary development, and production operation teams. Specific tasks include production operations support, input to the design of production wells, surveillance, dynamic well and completion modeling, field development planning, and production forecasting. As a gas production engineer you will also be a resource as a technical mentor to Production Engineering staff and fresh graduates within the team.
Within guidelines provided by the unit supervisor or division head, you will be involved in aggressive field development plans with a high level of drilling and completion activities, together with analyzing and optimizing performance of vertical, horizontal, and multi-frac wells.
As the successful candidate, you will hold a Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum Engineering from a recognized and approved program, or a Master’s degree in Petroleum Engineering.
You will have a minimum of 15 years of experience as a production engineer.
You should have the ability to multitask, prioritize projects, and be available for occasional field coverage. You should have proficiency with simulation software applications, including Prosper, Saphir, and WellCat (or equivalent), with the ability to perform nodal analysis.
Duties & responsibilities
You will be required to perform the following:
- Design well completion and propose alternatives if required.
- Develop production target and avails for wells on production.
- Integrate production system modelling.
- Field development planning and optimization.
- Well integrity management, well intervention activities and well, reservoir, and facility management
- Plan, monitor and validate surveillance activities for wells.
- Perform studies and projects assuring adequacy and conformance to overall objectives of all phases of problems in the following: production, well design, sand control management, testing programs, reservoir flow properties, and fluid studies.
- Evaluate new technologies, tools or techniques, and decide on suitability. Then present, or assist in the presentation of proposals to management, and technical and operating groups.
- Participate in project technical reviews and review proposals to ensure efficient/economic operations.
How to apply
If you believe you meet the requirements for this role, please contact us with your CV and state AAS - “Job Title” in the subject.