We are seeking an Urban Planning Specialist to join the Community Services Technical Support Department of Community Services.
Community Services is responsible for operating and maintaining Saudi Aramco residential communities and office facilities in the Eastern Province and the Central/Western Region, providing essential life support services for Saudi Aramco communities, buildings and Home Ownership areas, provide maintenance to all nonindustrial facilities in the Eastern Province and the Central/Western Region, providing operation and maintenance of company fire protection systems in the Eastern Province and the Central/Western Region, and the highest quality level of service.
The Urban Planning Specialist’s primary role is to support our communities and facilities by creating beautiful architecture and landscapes, to make communities and facilities more attractive and functional.
The successful candidate should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Resource Economics, Agricultural Engineering or a related field, from a recognized and approved program.
- 15 years of experience serving large organizations.
- Possess the drive to overcome resistance and complicated stumbling blocks.
Duties & responsibilities
You will be required to perform the following:
- Provide expert reviews and recommendations to increase the quality of life in the community ecosystem.
- Conduct field investigations, feasibility studies, and site plan reviews. Follow up with the design and layout of facilities and communities to enhance services to customers.
- Monitor service results, products, event design, and execution. Provide continuous improvement plans for current and future urban and ecological designs.
- Implement initiatives that by design include local and company specificities.
- Conduct frequent assessments of each camp and region and develop indicators for allocating events and community projects.
- Develop a system to support and create new options to boost community residents’ participation in cultural, entertainment, and sports activities.
- Blend planning with building and landscape architecture to create or improve camp layout, street design, and green spaces to improve the quality of life and wellbeing.
- Specialize in environmental and natural resource planning (conservation, protection, and pollution mitigation clean-up).
- Perform economic development planning to attract job-creation businesses and diversify the community’s economic base.
- Specialize in land use and code enforcement, ensuring compliance with building codes and zoning ordinances.
- Gather and analyze data and meet with concerned Saudi Aramco organizations, developers, and community members to develop and present plans. Be able to anticipate and project a community’s needs to accommodate growth trends five to ten or more years into the future.
- Conduct field investigations, feasibility studies, and site plan reviews. Stay abreast of all pertinent zoning laws, building codes, land use, and environmental regulations.
- Engage in hands-on design, critique the work of others, and review and recommend approval or denial of maintenance and BI projects.
- Must be proficient in the use of technology, such as geographic information systems (GIS).
- Expect to regularly use spreadsheets, databases, and software to help visualize and present area design projects.
How to apply
If you believe you meet the requirements for this role, please contact us with your CV and state "AAS - [Job Title]" in the subject line.