Saudi Aramco is seeking an experienced Data Scientist specializing in Computer Vision to join the Digital Transformation AI & Analytics organization (DT AI&A).
DT AI&A organization is responsible for providing AI-powered solutions to various business functions within Aramco. The solutions leverage the latest technological advancements of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and analytics to create business values across the value chain. DT AI&A will be a center of excellence in Saudi Aramco for AI technologies and data science.
The data scientist primary role is to work closely with business functions, stakeholders, and functional teams to give consultations on AI use case assessments, identify potential value from data, formulate AI and data science ideas and conceptualize them. In addition, to building, evaluating and productionalizing models as appropriate.
The successful candidate should have:
- A Master's degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Computer Vision, Applied Mathematics, or a related field, from a recognized and approved program. A Ph.D. degree is preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in building computer vision-based product preferably within the oil and gas sector.
- Fluent in Python and computer vision tools and libraries
- Able to apply transfer learning on models like, VGG16, LeNet, ResNet, AlexNet, etc.
- Able to build object detection models, face/gesture recognition, and identification engines
- Proficiency in deep learning tools keras, TensorFlow, pytorch, caffe, etc., is necessary
- Proficiency in opencv and/or dlib, and scikit-image is a must
- Able to bring ideas from conceptualization to productionalization (putting models in production) using the right tools
- Very strong expertise in data collection, cleaning, preprocessing, and wrangling is a requirement.
- Proficiency in visualization tools and packages; and in communicating data science topics to non-technical audience is a requirement.
Duties & responsibilities
You will be required to perform the following:
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company image data to drive business solutions
- Mine and analyze data from company data sources to drive optimization and improvement of product development, and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms as needed and appropriate to address problems at hand
- Use cognitive analytics and computer vision to increase and optimize production facilities, revenue generation, and other targeted outcomes.
- Develop A/B testing mechanisms and test model quality and value, and validate hypothesis accordingly.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop necessary documentation as per established standards.
How to apply
If you believe you meet the requirements for this role, please contact us with your CV and state "AAS - [Job Title]" in the subject line.