We are looking for Hydrogen/Ammonia Engineering Specialist to manage the development of Blue Hydrogen, utilizing our unique hydrocarbon resource base and its associated geological environment. The position is under Upstream Development Strategy and Reserves Department (UDSRD), which is part the Petroleum Engineering and Development organization.
UDSRD provides high-level technical support to Upstream management across the full range of hydrocarbon exploration and production activities, including economic optimization of the whole resource portfolio. As part of the company’s efforts to establish alternative energy carriers to support the world’s de-carbonization efforts, we are now offering candidates the opportunity to conduct pioneering studies, introduce state-of-the-art technologies and provide specialized evaluations for Hydrogen/Ammonia production, with associated carbon sequestration.
The specialist will coordinate and lead advanced techno-economic studies to develop Hydrogen economy options both for domestic use within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and for export. You will work with multidisciplinary engineering teams and will provide management with expert technical insights on Hydrogen/Ammonia related matters. This role requires both depth and breadth of technical expertise, managerial acumen and exceptional communication skills.
The successful candidate should have:
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering, and a Master’s degree (or higher) in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 15 years work experience, with at least 10 years exposure to the Hydrogen value chain.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the various processes involved in the production of Hydrogen and Ammonia (grey, blue, and green).
- Specific knowledge should include, but not be limited to, steam methane reforming (SMR), electrolysis (alkaline, PEM, SOE), CO2 sequestration, and the Haber-Bosch Process.
- Well versed in the technologies used within each one of these processes, including but not limited to CCUS (carbon capture, utilization and storage), the various types of electrolyzers (alkaline, PEM, SOE), membrane and fuel-cell technologies.
- A thorough understanding of the current and possible future roles of Hydrogen and Ammonia within the energy industry, and a strong background in project economics and associated financial concepts are also highly desirable.
Duties & responsibilities
You should be able to perform the following:
- Coordinate and lead large and complex techno-economic studies related to the planning, development, and implementation of Hydrogen/Ammonia projects.
- Support the development of a company and Kingdom Hydrogen strategy/roadmap.Provide management with up-to-date trends, technologies, and new developments related to the Hydrogen industry.
How to apply
If you believe you meet the requirements for this role, please contact us with your CV and state "AAS - [Job Title]" in the subject line.