Provides superior technical insight to the R&D program, guidance to the R&D project leaders and to the plant technologists in the area of blue hydrogen production processes, and to plant technologists for the continuous performance improvements of their units. The incumbent is Aramco’s ultimate technical authority on hydrogen production and supply pathways, and connects with/brings in the world’s best engineers when/as needed.
- Ph.D. degree in Chemical Engineering with a specialization in hydrocarbon reforming.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in hydrocarbon reforming technologies for hydrogen production: has a high-level quality track record of research and technology development in the hydrogen value chain.
- Demonstrated scientific/technical authority and a broad technical credibility:
- Member of editorial/consultative committees of leading journals/associations related to hydrogen supply chain relevant technologies.
- Extensive publications and patents.
- Proven track record initiating, guiding, and conducting advanced technical projects and developments with an ability to connect technology, R&D, and operational excellence.
- Vision, the energy, and the entrepreneurship spirit to develop new technologies and products.
- Ability to anticipate, appreciate, catalyze and make the most of changes and new developments.
- Experience in leading scientific experts from diverse background and nationalities.
Duties & responsibilities
- Conduct pre-feasibility and full feasibility studies of reforming processes (steam reforming, gasification, partial oxidation) for hydrogen and hydrogen carrier production.
- Provide hands-on assistance with the commissioning, operation and maintenance of pilot demonstration and pre-commercial units.
- Liaise with production and facility planning personnel to ensure technology implementation within Saudi Aramco and affiliates facilities.
- Train junior engineers, while keeping abreast of engineering and scientific developments of oil-based fuel reforming technologies.
- Assist with project management requirements of the hydrogen and sustainability programs.
- Lead research team development and collaboration activities with suitable collaborators and partners.
- Support and guide in-house technologies development efforts.
- Provide hands-on assistance with the commissioning, operation and maintenance of pilot demonstration and pre-commercial oil-based fuel reforming units.
- Liaise with production and facility planning personnel to ensure that oil-based reforming technology can be deployed in various Saudi Aramco assets within the scope of downstream and strategic R&D activities.
- May serve as an Aramco spokesperson on technical matters related to his/her expertise in hydrogen.
How to apply
If you believe you meet the requirements for this role, please contact us with your CV and state "AAS - [Job Title]" in the subject line.