We are seeking a Hydrogen Specialist to join the Downstream Process Engineering Division of Process and Control Systems Department.
The Downstream Process Engineering Division is responsible for providing technologies, process engineering expertise, support and consultation in the areas of refining and flare and relief system.
The Engineering Specialist primary role is to provide specific technical expertise as well as to support and consult in specific areas of refining.
As the successful candidate you will have
- A Bachelors degree in Chemical Engineering from a recognized and approved program.
- 10 years of experience in H2 production and purification technology, including at least 2 years field experience working in H2 production Units.
- Experience working directly with H2 production and purification technology.
- Experience in Steam Methane Reforming (SMR Technology), Partial Oxidation (POX), or Auto Thermal Reforming (ART), Water Gas Shift and PSA Technology.
- Minimum 2 Years of field experience working with H2 production units is required
- Adequate design experience in order to take a lead role as the company representative when working with licensor or engineering design companies performing studies for H2 production projects.
- Experience in process simulation modelling
Duties & responsibilities
You will be required to perform the following:
- Provide technical support for SMR operating plants.
- Troubleshoot major plant upsets and/or chronic operational problems.
- Provide technical lead in the evaluation of H2 production options in the support of green fuel production and CO2 emission reduction initiative.
- Engage technology licensor in discussions related to troubleshooting operating units as well as design of new process units with sufficient expertise to critically assess validity of licensor recommendations and provide management guidance related to acceptance of licensor recommendations.
- Review operation of existing units to identify improvement opportunities, potential problems, and remedies to existing problems.
- Participate in the planning of operating plant turnaround activities necessary to ensure long term reliable operation.
- Coordinate the execution of capacity increase studies with operating facility, licensor, detailed engineering design contractor. This would involve setting the design basis and scope of work as require to ensure study is sufficiently comprehensive to satisfy objective.
- Develop plans for reviewing and incorporating new technologies, catalysts and adsorbent in Saudi Aramco plants.
- Conduct simulations studies using Saudi Aramco licensed process simulation software packages such as HYSYS.
- Utilize process models for new and existing facilities and assess ability of the model to deliver representative results.
- Create/Update Saudi Aramco Engineering Standards related to his subject field.
- Lead process design and engineering activities for new projects in conceptual, pre-FEED, FEED and Detailed Engineering phases.
- Mentor and develop young Saudi Arab Engineers to become specialists.
- Develop new and/or deliver existing technical courses for engineers from operating facilities.
- Present technical papers in major international conferences and issue papers in reputable oil and gas journals.
- Support research and pilot projects that will enhance unit performance.
How to Apply
If you believe you meet the requirements for this role, please contact us with your CV and state "AAS - [Job Title]" in the subject line.