Saudi Aramco is seeking to appoint an expert with significant experience in leading complex M&A Transactions across the energy value chain. The role is in the Finance, Strategy & Development Service Line at Saudi Aramco. This function will form a small team under Saudi Aramco Finance. This is a new team that is being created to act in an advisory capacity to the various M&A deal teams in Saudi Aramco. The successful candidate will be responsible for reviewing all critical aspects of M&A transactions, including deal structure, valuation and commercial documentation terms. The M&A expert will highlight risks, deficiencies, and gaps pertaining to M&A transactions and report findings to Senior Management.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 10+ years of experience in executing complex M&A transactions in the energy sector
- Solid understanding of all aspects of M&A transactions including valuation, due diligence, commercial terms, deal structuring and integration
- Ability to independently review and critique work performed by other experts.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrate strong integrity and work ethics
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Engineering as a minimum
- Has regularly presented/advised to Senior Corporate Management level. He/she is an energy expert (oil and gas, renewables, downstream)
- Must have a proven ability to quickly build and maintain positive, effective networks with internal and external stakeholders of all organizational levels
- Must have strong analytical, project management, valuation and financial modelling skills.
- Have presence and gravitas, and excellent presentation skills.
Duties & responsibilities
- Conduct independent analysis of M&A documentation and share insights with Senior Management
- Review complex valuation models and key assumptions for ongoing M&A transactions and identify any gaps or issues
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop a thorough understanding of relevant transaction terms and identify important issues requiring consideration prior to transaction approval
- Prepare detailed reports and executive presentations that cover review findings, enabling senior management to make more informed decisions
- Identify and critically evaluate acquisition synergies
- Develop and share best practices associated with M&A transactions with stakeholders
- Identify potential risks to relevant Company stakeholders and propose mitigation strategies
- Be part of the deal review process and lead independent deal review
- Advise before the negotiation takes place
- Help with identifying deal parameters, input, output and risks
- Excellent understanding of potential mouse traps in energy deals
- Advise on dos and don'ts, termination clauses and other deal sensitive matters
- Onboard deals, run gap analysis and mitigate risk during the pre-deal phase
- Look for lessons learned by analyzing previous deals
- Add value by assisting with deals from a technical and a process perspective
- Review and analyze commercial contracts, due diligence, regulatory challenges, various aspects of valuation and financial modelling
- Provide capital markets excellence to assist the deals team
- Support M&A Training by sharing knowledge, and insights with potential deal leads