We are seeking a Petrographer to join the Gas Reservoir Characterization Department (GRCD) within our Exploration Organization.
The GRCD is responsible for developing more accurate geological models that account for micro scale data that govern reservoir lateral and vertical changes that directly influence reservoir development.
Your primary role will be to analyze different types of rocks and minerals to assess reservoir quality.
The successful candidate should have:
- A bachelor’s degree in earth science (geology-sedimentology, petroleum geology). An advanced degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 12 years’ experience with a strong preference for 15 years’ plus experience, at least five of these years on challenging petrography and diagenesis investigations (technique of description and characterization of rocks), preferably related to reservoir characterization, evaluation, and/or modeling, and a strong geological, mineralogical, and siliciclastic petrographic background.
- Demonstrate the ability to assess and integrate internal rock fabric (structural, physical properties), diagenetic history and provenance to support reservoir characterization and calibration of rock attributes.
- Specific experience in siliciclastic petrology, diagenesis, and reservoir quality analysis.
- A proven track record in relevant discipline as evidenced by previous work – as a main investigator – such as publications in the peer-reviewed scientific literature/conferences, etc.
- Familiar with qualitative and quantitative micro scale analysis, including reservoir diagenesis modeling, and diagenetic influence on reservoir characteristics.
- Expertise in acquisition, QC, and use of core-derived petrophysical properties (special and standard), geological software skills (Petrel, Geolog, OpenWorks/DSS) and core to wireline log data integration and interpretation.
- Experience with analyzing physical samples (core, cuttings and outcrop), including petrographic slides, orthoscopic and conoscopic observation and integration of results with core analysis data, SEM, XRD, XRF, chemostratigraphy, radiometric dating, biostratigraphy, etc., to provide analysis of well data in terms of facies, sedimentary architecture, isopach, depositional environment, etc.,
Duties & responsibilities
You will be required to perform the following:
- Carry out analog and digital analysis of geological data to provide support for geological and sedimentological studies and operational decisions.
- Rock sample selection to characterize rock heterogeneity.
- Petrographic slide description and interpretation and slide quality control.
- Data integration and modeling.
- Calibration with lab results; e.g., MICP, XRF, etc.
- Interpret rock properties.
- Prepare/review reports.
- Ongoing collaboration with industry leaders on the evolution of new petrographic techniques and technologies.
How to apply
If you believe you meet the requirements for this role, please contact us with your CV and state "AAS - [Job Title]" in the subject line.