We are seeking a Data Scientist to work with Drilling Technical Department in order to support the development of IR4.0 and digital projects that are led by Drilling Digital Team. Drilling Technical is a department within the Drilling & Workover Admin area.
The Data Scientist will report to the Leader of Drilling Digital Team and will work with other colleagues in IR4.0 and digital projects and should be experienced in all of its enabling fields, such as digitalization, modeling, machine learning, programing, prototyping, AR/VR, mobile development, and/or AI.
As the successful candidate you should have M.S. in science or engineering (a Ph.D. is preferred) and at least 15+ years of progressive professional experience including a minimum of 3 years working experience as a specialist with full responsibility for supervising major technical work, gaining recognition as a leading expert in IR4.0-enabling fields, such as digitalization, modeling, machine learning, programing, prototyping, AR/VR, mobile development, and/or AI in addition to an industry experience with a major technology developer and oil and gas operations background. You also must have patents and/or publications in any of these areas.
As the successful candidate you will be able to demonstrate the ability to effectively lead cross-functional research teams to successful project completion, effectively represent an organization in high-level interactions with strategic partners with excellent communications skills as well as credibility as a leader and effectively interact with all organizational functions, including senior leadership. You will also have sound knowledge and experience working in developing technologies for industrial environments, ideally in a large company with diverse operations and/or in oil and gas operations.
Duties & responsibilities
You will be required to perform the following:
- Work in IR4.0 and digital projects and master all enabling fields such as digitalization, modeling, machine learning, programing, prototyping, AR/VR, mobile development, and/or AI.
- Develop applications and software for Drilling Digital Team related projects.
- Train team members and conduct knowledge sharing sessions regarding data science.
- Work with engineers of different disciplines providing support to ensure the reliability of projects.
- Visit rig site to monitor and implement IR4.0 and digital tools and projects.
How to apply
If you believe you meet the requirements for this role, please contact us with your CV and state AAS - “Job Title” in the subject.