Saudi Aramco, a global leader in the energy industry, is seeking experienced professionals to join our growing Chemicals Business Organization.
We have an immediate requirement for an experienced Olefins Technology Specialist. Saudi Aramco’s position, as the world’s leading energy producer offers unique opportunities for downstream integration and development the Chemicals business. Consider the opportunity to join our team and help shape the future of the chemicals industry.
- Bachelor in Chemical Engineering or a closely related field with MS preferred.
- Minimum of 15-20 years of experience in the petrochemical industry with a significant portion providing operational or technical support to olefins petrochemical production facilities.
- Strong knowledge of technical capabilities of major olefins production processes, including product quality and improvements.
- Technically current with emerging olefins chemical technologies and able to champion the successful improvements and optimization of assets.
- Previous leadership position managing olefins chemical process technologies is highly valued.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and networking skills.
- A demonstrated ability to interface effectively with internal engineering, R&D and technical service groups.
- Flexibility to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Passion for mentorship and knowledge sharing to support the development of promising young engineers.
Duties & responsibilities
Candidates will be the Company’s core chemicals technical representative in the Olefins business. He/She will posses and demonstrate an ability to:
- Leverage deep experience in the petrochemical industry, with significant knowledge of olefins technology management. Must be knowledgeable of available technologies for olefins manufacturing for different products, and have a general market and commercial understanding of olefins and their derivatives in downstream products and industries.
- Apply broad awareness of alternative/complementary routes to olefins (i.e. PDH, metathesis, OCT, MTO, etc.) and ability to develop preferred licensor guidelines for olefins and derivatives.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of common refinery and gas field feeds, and associated quality/contaminant issues of each, as well as knowledge of refinery off-gas recovery and integration into steam cracking.
- Demonstrate familiarity with steam cracking operations and feed slate yields, including impacts to byproduct quality and volumes.
- Apply awareness of markets for steam cracker feedstocks, and olefins derivative chemicals/products (PE, MEG, PEG, NAO/PAO, so on)
- Act as expert resource and advisor to determine the distinguishing advantages/vulnerabilities between licensors’ competitive technologies (Technip, UOP Honeywell, Linde, ChevronLummus Global) for a given chemical site or integrated configuration.
- Act as lead technical consultant in comparing, ranking, and recommending appropriate licensable olefins technologies.
- Provide expert consulting on major global capital planning activities and liaise with business teams and technical service engineers as needed.
- Provide technical support to the Company’s chemical operations, evaluate new project opportunities, and benchmark the Company’s aromatics capabilities and assets.
- Support mergers and acquisitions due diligence by consulting on the condition, technical capabilities, and potential of existing assets.
- Guide the career path of high potential engineers through navigated work experiences and knowledge sharing, so they can become future technology leaders.
If you believe you meet the requirements for this role, please contact us with your CV and state AAS - "Job Title" in the subject.