We are seeking for an Oil Production Engineer to join Northern Area Production Engineering & Well Services Department (NAPE&WSD).
The department provides production engineering coverage for all Saudi Aramco Oil and Gas wells in the Northern Area of Saudi Arabia.
The engineer is required to handle the complexity and work related activities related to oil producers (both natural flow and ESP wells), water injection, water supply and water disposal wells starting from monitoring the drilling operations, completion design, flowback/testing operations, chemical treatments, logging, and integrity assurance to performance remedial work for production enhancement. Also, involved in monitoring gas wells.
As a successful candidate, you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum Engineering. Related MSc or PhD is desirable, but not required. Intensive industry training including appropriate specialized courses and seminars is expected.
- Minimum of 10 years related experience, including 5 years intensive experience in oil production specialty. Also, you should have experience working in oil fields with 15%+ H2S concentration, onshore and offshore environment, and smart well completions.
- The ability to provide technical support for well operations, including all aspects of well intervention, well stimulation, well testing, well integrity and application of state-of-the-art technologies.
- Be active in related professional societies and will have achieved professional recognition through publications, committee activities, etc.
Duties & responsibilities
You are expected to be able to perform the following:
- Monitor daily drilling and work-over activities to ensure suitable completion practices are adopted by the rig.
- Prepare detailed rigless well intervention programs and supervise jobs in the field. Programs include.
- Production logging in horizontal and vertical wells, water saturation monitoring, production enhancement using thru-tubing and bullheading stimulation techniques, portable testing, rigless recompletions etc.
- Monitor production performance, diagnose any anomalies and recommend engineering solutions.
- Perform production optimization activities to ensure reliability and optimum well performance.
- Participate in project technical review and review proposals to ensure efficient/economic operations.
- Champion new technologies aimed at improving well integrity, productivity and efficiency.
- Represent Saudi Aramco in dealing with manufacturers, vendors and outside consultants.
- Proficient in industry used production engineering and completion software for production optimization and well completion.
- Conduct seminars; prepare manuals, train engineers and production operating personnel.
How to apply
If you believe you meet the requirements for this role, please contact us with your CV and state AAS - "Job Title" in the subject.