The Facilities Planning Department is responsible for the development and coordination of the capital program throughout the Company. The successful candidate will be part of the Gas Facilities Planning Division, which is a component of the Facilities Planning Department.
The Gas Division comprises three groups: Gas Facilities Planning Group, NGL & Unconventional Group, and Master Plans & Major Studies Group. GFPD’s responsibilities include coordinating and planning for facilities under the Gas Operations and Refinery and NGL Fractionation business lines to support gas and NGL development programs, specifically developing master plans, and DBSPs, and conducting studies and economic evaluations. GFPD is responsible for developing long term plans for the Master Gas System and developing the Gas and NGL Master Plan.
As a potential candidate for this position, the selection criteria are:
- Minimum 15 Years of Experience with minimum 10 years in gas processing and NGL operations and/or capital program planning
- Bachelor's degree in chemical engineering. M.S. CHE in chemical engineering or economics preferred
- Experience in performing economic evaluations and feasibility studies, and preparing requests for budgetary approvals
- Experience with professional consulting in planning and executing engineering studies
- Experience in process/system simulation of gas processing and NGL operations
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral technical presentation skills
Duties & responsibilities
As a Facilities Planning Engineer, your primary role is to:
- Conduct feasibility studies on major additions/upgrades to gas processing and NGL facilities.
- Perform evaluations required to establish and support long-term business strategies related to gas and NGL facilities.
- Prepare scoping papers to define capital projects covering gas processing and NGL facilities.
- Interface with operating organizations, engineering, project management, and corporate planning.
- Perform system and economic evaluations of existing and potential new gas processing and NGL facilities.
- Direct evaluation of major and NGL facilities.
- Prepare and make presentations to corporate management on gas processing and NGL operations issues and investment opportunities.
- Mentor young planning engineers to be Facilities Planning Specialists.
How to apply
If you believe you meet the requirements for this role, please contact us with your CV and state AAS - "Job Title" in the subject.