We are currently seeking a Financial Accounting Advisor to join the Controller’s Organization within the Finance, Strategy & Development business line in Saudi Aramco.
The Controller’s organization acts as Saudi Aramco’s primary representative for financial and income tax reporting to management and to the Saudi Arabian government producing the Company’s consolidated financial statements, subsidiaries’ financial statements, and other management reports. Additionally, the organization maintains the Company’s General Ledger, Fixed Asset records, and supporting documents while also monitoring payments and calculating withholding taxes related to non-resident vendors. The Controller also provides accounting and advisory services related to Saudi Aramco’s interests.
You will possess a significant relevant financial reporting experience within a variety of industries; however, a significant experience within the energy industry is desirable. You will have the ability to establish personal credibility with both internal and external clients, demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, and work well with fellow team members. You will have the ability of planning, prioritizing, and coordinating the team’s workload to ensure meeting critical deadlines. You will also be able to add value by delivering high quality work and be able to proactively overcome issues and challenges to ensure timely delivery.
You should have demonstrated financial analytical skills that include the ability to evaluate both industry and individual company information, and comprehend advanced accounting topics. In addition, you must be able to work with minimal supervision, possess good project management skills, and be able to offer logical and innovative solutions to complex issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or its equivalent. A graduate degree is also desirable, as well as any relevant advanced professional competencies evidenced by professional certifications such as a CPA, CA, ACCA, or CMA. Accounting focused professional licenses and/or other forms of continuing professional education is required.
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience in relevant industries, which may include experience in financial statement consolidation, financial analysis, financial statement preparation, accounting research, mergers and acquisitions, taxation, process/change management, or strategy/management consulting. Specific operational experience in energy-related activities, infrastructure, utilities (public and/or private), joint ventures and subsidiaries, government sector, non-profits, and public administration would be desirable. Specific corporate business integration experience would also be desirable (startup experience and related activities).
- Should have extensive knowledge of accounting policies and procedures established pursuant to International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) is required as well as a strong understanding of the content of financial statements prepared within the IFRS framework.
- Extensive knowledge of accounting policies and procedures in the oil and gas industry and the ability to conduct research on an IFRS or Saudi Aramco accounting or financial reporting matter is preferred.
- Should be able to prepare preliminary findings, analyze alternative approaches, and recommend a preferred action for Saudi Aramco.
- Demonstrated the capability to make presentations or lead meetings, including at the executive level.
- Leadership skills are desirable.
- Proficiency in both oral and written English is required. SAP or equivalent ERP systems experience is highly desirable.
Duties & responsibilities
You will be required to perform the following:
- Report financial data including from the Company, subsidiaries, and joint venture entities.
- Financial statement review, analysis, and preparation.
- Research accounting literature to address current issues involving accounting and financial reporting.
- Perform analysis, make recommendations, and prepare responses on consolidation matters.
- Prepare confidential and technical financial reports and forecasts.
- Coordinate with auditors and provide full support for audit/review of consolidated financial statements.
- Provide financial expertise to subsidiaries, joint ventures, or within the Company.
- Joint venture and M&A integration support from a financial statement perspective.
- Provide ad hoc financial expertise as required.
How to apply
If you believe you meet the requirements for this role, please contact us with your CV and state AAS - "Job Title" in the subject.