We are seeking a Facilities Planning Specialist - Refining & Chemicals to join the Facilities Planning department (FPD) who are responsible for the development and coordination of the capital programs throughout the Company. You will be part of Refining & Chemicals Facilities Planning Division (R&CFPD) within FPD.
The Refining & Chemicals Facilities Planning Division (R&CFPD) comprises three groups: Downstream Development Group (DDG), Refining Group (RG), and Chemicals Group (CG). The activities of R&CFPD include developing master plans, conducting studies and economic evaluations, developing business cases and alternatives for proposed capital projects, leading integrated project teams through preparing design basis scoping papers, and preparing expenditure request documentation and presenting to Corporate Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering. An advanced Degree in Economics is preferred.
- Experience in performing economic evaluations and feasibility studies, and preparing requests for budgetary approvals.
- Experience with professional consultant in planning and executing engineering studies.
- Experience in applying and analyzing process/system simulation and economics of refinery or petrochemical operations.
- Excellent written and oral technical presentation skills.
Duties & responsibilities
You will be required to perform the following:
- Conduct feasibility studies on refineries and petrochemical facilities and develop long-term business strategies related to these facilities.
- Lead integrated project teams to prepare design basis scoping papers to define capital projects involving refineries and petrochemical investments.
- Prepare expenditure request documentation and present it to Corporate Management.
- Interface with operating organizations, New Business Development, Engineering, Project Management, and Corporate staff.
- Perform process/system and economic evaluations of existing and potential new refining and petrochemical facilities.
- Direct evaluations of major refining and petrochemical facilities as performed by others.
- Prepare and make presentations to Corporate Management on refining petrochemical investment opportunities.
- Provide full-time consultation to Saudi Aramco management and other organizations. Mentor the training of future Facilities Planning Specialists.
How to apply
If you believe you meet the requirements for this role, please contact us with your CV and state AAS - "Job Title" in the subject.