We are seeking a Facilities Planning Specialist - Oil Production & Processing to work within the Facilities Planning Department (FPD) who are responsible for the development and coordination of the capital program throughout the Company. The successful candidate will be part of the Oil Facilities Planning Division (OFPD) within FPD.
The Oil Facilities Planning Division (OFPD) comprises the Oil Production & Processing Group, Upstream Group, and Master Plans & Major Studies Group. OFPD’s responsibilities include planning and coordinating all crude oil operations in support of hydrocarbon exploration and production, developing and optimizing new hydrocarbon processing facilities, engineering technical solutions and enhancing oil facilities optimization as oil fields mature into secondary and tertiary recovery phases, and conducting studies to keep pace with the best industry practice.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering. An advanced Degree is preferred.
- Minimum 12 years of professional experience in oil production, oil processing, facilities planning and capital evaluations.
- Experience in performing economic evaluations and feasibility studies, and in preparing requests for budgetary approvals.
- Experience in process/system simulations.
- Excellent written and oral technical presentation skills.
Duties & responsibilities
You will be required to perform the following:
- Conduct studies to confirm the scoping requirements and justification for major additions/upgrade to existing crude processing and water injection, and stabilization plants in oil fields.
- Perform evaluations of oilfield facility configurations required for new field developments.
- Determine facility requirements for alternative methods of artificial lift.
- Perform economic evaluations of alternative oil processing and water injection facility configurations.
- Prepare scoping papers to define capital projects covering new oil processing and water injection facilities.
- Interface with operating organizations, engineering specialists, project management, and strategy and market analysis.
- Present the findings of major evaluations to executive management.
- Advise executive management and operating organizations about the business case for proposed projects.
- Mentor young planning engineers to be Facilities Planning Specialists.
How to apply
If you believe you meet the requirements for this role, please contact us with your CV and state AAS - "Job Title" in the subject.