We are seeking an Electrical Engineer to join Technical Support Division under Northern Area Technical Support Department (NATSD). The department provides engineering support for the Northern Area Oil Operations with specialized engineering and technical knowledge in the areas of varied disciplines to maximize profitability and meeting highest standards of safety and environment.
The position is assigned to the Specialists Unit under the Technical Support Division. This unit is a multidiscipline engineering unit consisting of electrical, rotating equipment, process, and structural engineers providing high level engineering services to the oil producing and maintenance departments.
As a successful candidate:
- You should hold a Bachelor’s degree in in Electrical Engineering.
- You must have a minimum of 10 years experienced in the oil and gas industry.
- You must be able to use ETAP and/or SKM software to perform power system load flow short circuit studies.
- You must have hands on experience working with Un-interruptible Power Supply System, GIS systems, power transformers, HV and LV switchgears and LV MCCs will be considered a plus.
- You must have the knowledge of substations equipment and electrical distribution systems along with maintenance and operation expertise.
- You must be familiar with engineering practices, codes and international standards requirement, calculation methods and design details. (I.E: NFPA-70 - IEC or International Electric Code, NFPA-70B).
- You must have an in-depth knowledge of electrical engineering principles and the ability to reflect them in engineering projects from conceptual to detailed engineering phase
- You must have the ability to design and support electrical engineering systems, transmission lines and cogeneration plants.
Duties & responsibilities
You are expected to be able to perform the following:
- Project support with respect to scoping, design review, inspection and commissioning of new electrical equipment; review of design packages for compliance with industry and company standards.
- Provide technical support to plant maintenance personnel including troubleshooting and forensic analysis of electrical faults.
- Initiates or conducts special electrical studies for improving facilities power systems; provides specialized technical service in electrical engineering fields; designs and coordinates or directs work of other engineers.
- Formally designs or studies electrical modifications to oil processing and oil handling facilities, residences and utilities.
How to apply
If you believe you meet the requirements for this role, please contact us with your CV and state AAS - "Job Title" in the subject.