We are seeking a Domestic Marketing Analyst to join the Feedstock & Fuel Marketing Division of Domestic Sales & Logistics Department.
The Feedstock & Fuel Marketing serves as the hub for all domestic sales activities in Marketing, Sales & Supply Planning admin area under the downstream business line. The core responsibility of the department is to meet the domestic energy demand efficiently, and achieve optimal value from sales of all hydrocarbon products. In support of its responsibilities, the department is engaged in understanding the macro-economic factors driving the domestic energy-consuming sectors, monitoring the regulatory changes impacting the consumption of hydrocarbon products, and analyzing market dynamics of key economic sectors. These efforts facilitate development of the demand forecast for all hydrocarbon products, with an aim to achieve high forecast accuracy.
Your primary role is to assist the department in enhancing its capabilities to capture market insights for key energy-consuming sectors as well as provide market, economic, and other relevant insights to support the demand planning process.
- Holds a Bachelor's degree in Economics, Business, Statistics, Operations Research or related field. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of eight to twelve years’ experience in conducting market analysis or economic energy-sector analysis. Hands-on experience in assessing economic, sales and market data as well as other internal and external data to synthesize multiple data inputs in to key insightful analysis and recommendations.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, as well as the ability to comprehend market or economic issues despite incomplete or ambiguous information.
As a subject matter expert, you will be expected to demonstrate the following:
- Thorough understanding of key economic indicators, as well as experience in analyzing economic and market data to project future trends.
- Good understanding of the economic attributes driving national economy and energy-consuming sectors.
- Working knowledge of economic data and its interpretation on energy consumption.
- Working knowledge of macro- and micro-economic attributes with respect to national economy.
- Working relationship with government or private agencies involved in economic analysis.
- Good understanding of transportation sector dynamics, energy efficiency opportunities, corporate average fuel efficiency (CAFE) requirements, and other related topics.
- Strong computer skills, particularly in using Microsoft Office products. Computer modeling and forecasting experience would be a plus.
- Ability to work independently as well as train and mentor other junior staff team members.
Duties & responsibilities
You will be expected to perform the following:
- Synthesize customer, sales, economical, historical, or other types of data to develop trends, value-added insights, or recommendations for management decisions.
- Monitor growth indicators of key economic sectors, as well as assess key factors driving the economic growth or decline of the sector.
- Translate impact of changes in economic and market trends on the consumption and future projection of hydrocarbon products.
- Stay abreast of major regional market dynamics, domestic economic growth trends, regulatory changes, or factors impacting the consumption of hydrocarbon products.
- Interact with major customers, internal as well as external stakeholders, government agencies, and/or research institutions to gather and compile relevant data, economic indicators, or other relevant information.
- Publish periodic report or presentations to capture insights, trends, potential opportunities or threats based on analysis.
- Monitor forecast performance, as well as report out the performance analysis on a monthly, quarterly, mid-year and year-end basis.
- Maintain and archive all relevant data and information in an orderly and structured format for use by all relevant stakeholders.
- Respond to queries from internal stockholders or government entities on topics related to market demand, sector growth trend, economic analysis, or other topics.
If you believe you meet the requirements for this role, please contact us with your CV and state AAS - "Job Title" in the subject.