We are seeking an experienced Crude Oil Processing Engineer to join the Upstream Process Engineering Division of the Process & Control Systems Department.
The Upstream Process Engineering Division is responsible for providing engineering expertise in the processing of natural gas and light hydrocarbons, production and stabilization of crude oil and flow assurance for pipelines.
The Crude Oil Process Engineer’s primary role is to support crude oil processing facilities.
As the successful candidate, you will hold a Bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering from a recognized and approved program. A Master degree in Chemical Engineering and Professional Engineer Certification are preferred.
You will have a minimum of 9 plus year experience in upstream crude oil processing, electrostatic desalting, produced water treatment, gas compression and conditioning, crude oil stabilization, and storage facilities including at least four years of experience in design of production surface facilities is desirable.
Duties & responsibilities
You will be required to perform the following:
- Closely work with operating and support organizations to identify, evaluate and deploy new technologies for crude oil processing facilities.
- Support crude oil production field practices and surface facilities for unconventional oil recovery.
- Audit existing production facilities to identify opportunities to address corporate challenges.
- Address facility de-bottlenecking requirements to handle increasing water cut projections.
- Improve Plant Key Performance Indicators of surface production facilities.
- Provide technical support to the capital program management cycle for crude oil processing facilities, including development of preliminary process scope and supporting process studies.
- Support the capital program for surface crude oil processing facilities during Front End Loading stages, which include process studies, Design Basis Scoping Paper, Project Management during the project proposal and detailed design and execution stages.
- Conduct process simulation of oil and gas processing facilities using Aspentech software (HYSYS, Aspen Plus), experience of different simulation platforms (reservoir, flarenet, OLGA, process equipment design, computational fluid dynamics, process control, data analytics, sour gas treatment and water treatment) is desirable.
- Possess expertise in heat exchanger design software (HTRI or other), heat and energy integration software is required.
- Possess exposure to loss prevention and risk assessment processes.
- Provide process expertise, lead and support corporate investigation and due diligence teams.
- Develop Process Engineering Standards, procedures, guidelines, and best practices.
- Publish technical papers and deliver presentations to international audience of experts and generate patents.
- Develop and teach technical courses as a subject matter expert and mentor Saudi Arab Engineers for accelerated development as future Crude Oil Processing Specialists.
- Possess excellent computer and communication skills.
How to apply
If you believe you meet the requirements for this role, please contact us with your CV and state AAS - "Job Title" in the subject.