We are seeking a Civil/Structural Engineer to work under the Northern Area Technical Support Department (NATSD).
NATSD provides engineering support for the Northern Area Oil Operations with specialized engineering and technical knowledge in the areas of varied disciplines to maximize profitability and meeting highest standards of safety and environment.
The position requires thorough knowledge of civil/structural design and engineering techniques. The engineer will be responsible to plan and conduct independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria in compliance with applicable codes and accepted engineering practices and industry standards.
Typical duties will include preparation and/or modification of Civil/Structural engineering calculations, plans, design, and layout in addition to project specifications, project proposals and cost estimates.
- As a successful candidate, you should hold a Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering. A Master’s degree in Structural Engineering is preferred.
- You must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in structural engineering design of reinforced concrete, steel, masonry and wood structures using US Design Codes and Standards. Extensive experience using US Design Codes such as ACI, AISC, UBC is preferable.
- You should have working knowledge of Microstation or other drafting software.
- Must have strong technical and engineering design skills in a design office environment.
- A Professional Engineering Registration/License from the US/CA is a plus
Duties & responsibilities
- Perform structural design including production of construction documents related to onshore/offshore hydrocarbon facilities.
- Identify design requirements and prepare necessary design calculations using hand calculations and software such as STAADPro V8i or equivalent finite element analysis software.
- Perform engineering assessments for the repair of deteriorated concrete, prepare technical reports and verify ‘As-Built’ record drawings for accuracy.
- Prepare layout plans and structural engineering details for development by draftsmen and designers.
- Prepare cost estimates and material take-offs as part of the construction documents.
- Perform field activities such as site surveys and record existing field conditions, take and verify measurements within project area.
- Provide mentoring and transfer knowledge, skills and experience to entry-level engineers and designers.
How to apply
If you believe you meet the requirements for this role, please contact us with your CV and state AAS - "Job Title" in the subject.