We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our team as Market Analyst.
You will provide energy markets research, analysis and reporting related to crude oil, petroleum products and chemicals.
You will be responsible for analysing pricing, demand-supply balances, the underlying reasons for factors affecting demand and supply variables and prepare decision-support reports, illustrate data graphically that help Management make informed decisions on prices. You are also responsible for analysing industry performance, competitive analysis, end-use sectoral analysis, analysing grade portfolios and demand supply scenarios to proactively suggest opportunities and highlight threats to the business.
- Provide support for pricing and operational decisions and market reporting by gathering updates on latest market prices, spreads, margins, industry trends, etc.
- Locate, gather, organise and analyse global energy data from multiple sources to perform demand/ supply forecasting and market analysis based on end-application sectors for target geographies.
- Develop Asian supply and demand balance models.
- Provide views on forward product cracks and refining margins.
- Develop arbitrage and cargo economic models.
- Monitor futures / forward market structure.
- Perform ship tracking.
- Identify opportunities and threats to the business.
Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Finance, Economics or a related discipline.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a marketing or business analyst role supporting oil trading or petrochemicals sales and marketing operation to provide analysis, reporting support and to improve business performance.
- Familiarity with Asian refinery configurations and product yields.
- Exposure to Refinery LP/ optimisation programs is a plus.
- Excellent analytical skills to collect, collate and evaluate large amount of data.
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel to analyze data effectively. Quantitative skills (Excel Marcos) is a plus.
- Strong proficiency in MS Powerpoint to present insights effectively.
- Ability to conduct cost-benefit analysis and develop business case.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including technical writing skills.
- Understanding of the petrochemical market, products applications and pricing methodologies & practices
- Ability to combine industry knowledge with analysis of internal and external data to present actionable insights, opportunities and threats for the business to address.
How to apply
If you believe you meet the requirements for this role, please contact us with your CV stating your experience as well as current & expected salary.